Monday, September 12, 2011

Halloween Card

I've been reading a lot about all sorts of colouring in markers, pencils, blending tools, etc. So even though I can't colour to save my life, I thought I would investigate some of these techniques. I have some beautiful stamps, that I just had to have but have yet to use due to my lack of colouring skills. I used my water colour pencils to colour in the above stamp. I have a long way to go to learn about shading, etc., but at least I was able to blend it well enough and of course I did stay within the lines ;-) I used the clear glitter pen on the hat and on the Boo. I will be trying out regular pencils next and blending it with gamsol and I've also ordered a set of Bic markers. I see a lot about copic markers, and they truly produce beautiful results, but at their current price and my lack of skills I think it would be a total waste of money for me to invest in them at this time. Maybe one day, if I manage to master this. One can hope ... If any of you crafty friends have any instructions, tips, etc. to help me along with this, I would be very happy if you would share them with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)