Monday, July 30, 2012

First Christmas Card of 2012!

With everyone celebrating Christmas in July, it was inevitable that I too join this celebration - it was right at the end of the month, but I made it :)  I did have hopes of entering a few challenges, but they have all ended by now.  Maybe next year?!
I recently purchased some new toys - the 2010 and 2011 Spellbinders Heirlooms Ornaments and the matching stamps from JustRite. I got the Bright and Merry set and the Deck the Halls set.  So, here is my card using these new additions to my craft room. I have to tell you that I love the Christmas traditional colours of the greens, reds and gold.  I also love the blues, whites and silvers, but this turquoise really had me thinking of how to put it together.  I started with the background paper which is from the Old World Winter stack by Paper Studio, and it really was a battle from there onwards.  In the end I like the way it came out.  What do you all think?  I would love to hear your opinions.


 Hugs,
~ Lena ~


3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Lena! Very elegant. The ornament is beautiful. I too love the traditional Christmas colors. It's always fun to get new toys! Glad to see you are enjoying them. Wonderful job my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card is just B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very nice card. It came out very good.I love the gold on the x mas ornament. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)