Saturday, September 28, 2013

HIMCR # 117 Challenge - Woman's Birthday

As most of you already know, I'm now a member of the Hiding in My Craft Room Design Team.  I'm super excited!   This week's challenge at HIMCR is Woman's Birthday, so for my very first contribution to the DT I made this card.  I used the Sizzix/HeroArts Silhouette Vine Stamp & Emboss set.  Wow, that was a mouthful :)  It is a beautiful set and loads of fun to work with.


I began by colouring in the stamp with Marvy Brush Markers.  Once all done, I huffed over the whole stamp to activate the ink that was beginning to dry (it takes me a while to get my colouring done lol) and stamped it onto white cardstock.  Then I took the image, lined it up with the embossing folder and ran it through my Cuttlebug, and voila ... a beautiful coloured and embossed image.  I went over a few spots that did not transfer the colour well, but it really was just a few touch ups with the markers.
I matted the image on several layers of cardstocks, added a ribbon and a butterfly which was cut with an EK punch.
 

Since the image is already so big and bright, I decided to add the sentiment to the inside of my card.  This is what I came up with.  I used the same cardstocks and added a few more butterflies for good measure :)  These were punched with a MS punch.
 
Well, that is it - my very first project for a DT.  I've met some of the ladies and let me tell you that not only does Laurie have very talented crafters on her team, she has a great group of friendly and helpful ladies too!
 
Now it's your turn to head over to HIMCR and join in the fun of Challenge # 117 - Woman's Birthday.
 
I hope you all have a great weekend filled with joy, family, friends and crafting!  Hope you find the time for them all lol
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lena, I like all the coloured flowers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    It is a beautifull card you made.
    Good luck with all the chalenges.
    You can do it.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love all of the pretty colored flowers flowers! Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)