Saturday, November 30, 2013

HIMCR Challenge # 126 - Freestyle

Hello and welcome back my crafting friends.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends and good food :-).  Life has been a little hectic this last week, so I'm a little late with this post, but never fear because you still have lots of time to play along with us at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This week's challenge is Freestyle and if you hop on over to the HIMCR blog and take a look at what my team mates came up with, you will be amazed at all the different projects ~ what great inspiration!
 
My project this week was two-fold.  Hubby and I celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary, so I was able to make him a card and use it for this week's DT project too :-) So here is what I came up with ...

 
The heart shaped card was cut using the George and Basic Shapes cartridge.  I resized it, flipped and turned a second heart upside down and welded it to the first one.  Then I cut the same resized shaped heart in silver paper and adhered it to the heart shaped card.  That is why you see the perfect shaped heart instead of the heart with two little flat edges on the top.  I cut another heart  1/4" smaller in white.  The swans are from the Wedding Solutions cartridge and the sentiment was cut using SU! punches.  The little rose is from Recollections.  For the water I used some blue shiny paper and fed it through the wavy crimper.  I adhered that to the white card, then the first swan and then the second swan, all with pop dots in between to give it dimension.
 
 
For the inside, I cut the champagne glasses also using the Wedding cartridge.  I used a gold coloured cardstock  for the backing of the glasses and then added glassy accents to it.  For some reason, the glassy accents did not spread smoothly - there are several bubbles on it, but in this case it worked out well, because champagne is bubbly :-)
 
Well, dear friends, that was the card I gave hubby and he liked it.  I hope that you too like my card enough and be inspired to join in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room challenge # 126 this week.  Remember that it's freestyle, so let your creative juices flow and show us where they lead you.  You have till next Saturday to link up your project.
 
Some of you have asked whether there are prizes and how you know if you're a winner.  Yes, there is a prize either from one of our wonderful sponsors or from our wonderful team leader, Laurie.  She chooses a card at random and then posts the name of the winner on the HIMCR blog. You should become a follower of the blog and/or follow the blog by email, that way you will get a post notification and you won't miss any of the fun!
 
Thank you for stopping by and for all your very warm and encouraging comments.
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lena, I like the swans, the colours and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I just love it! The champagne glasses inside look great. I hope you had a wonderful Anniversary with your husband. (Happy Anniversary)
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)