Saturday, December 7, 2013

HIding in My Craft Room Challenge # 127 - Holiday Colours!

Happy Saturday my crafting friends and welcome back.  Since it's Saturday, it's time for a new challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This time it's all about Holiday Colours and it 's one of my favourites :-)  I'm very traditional so I love the reds, greens and golds combo as well as the white, blues and silver combo.  I hope you all take time from your busy schedules to make a project of your choice involving Holiday colours and that you join in the fun.  Laurie, our teamleader, has a wonderful Christmas Crafty Surprise for you this week as the prize for one lucky winner.

For my project this week, I made a Christmas card using Hobby Dots. Yes, my friends, my SIL is visiting from Holland and brought me new toys to play with.  This was my first attempt using them, and it won't be my last.  I love the way they look with all their intricate patterns.

 
The carolers are cut out from a sheet that was included in the kit.  There are several layers to the image that you have to fussy cut and then put together using pop dots to give it extra dimension. 

 
For the inside I made two fancy corners with the Hobby Dots and stamped the sentiment with a stamp from Hampton Art.
 
So now it's your turn to link up your project and join in the fun.
I look forward to seeing all your beautiful creations.  The link for this week's project is
 
 
I'm also going to enter this card at:
 
Good Luck!
Big Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. Love the carolers and the Hobby Dots. Will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the sweet decoupaged image,and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo! So jealous of your new toys from Holland! What you've made with them is awesome! Love the tree shaped sentiment inside. Wonderful job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena how wonderful to meet an ex South African in blog land. Its always great to hear that you still miss our beautiful African land. Your Christmas card is so festive and I love how you did the inside as well.
    I have now become your 86th Follower and look forward to your next beautiful creation.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. This very lovely! I love the hobbydots, it is a hot item in the Netherlands. You have made a beautiful creation with it. Thank you for joining DDCC. Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, Lena! I love how you play with the Hobby Dots, they look fun :D I love how you put dimension on the image :) really pretty :)
    Thank you for sharing this with us at DDCC. Hope to see you again there, dear.
    Hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up at Paper Playtime! This challenge blog is moving to Pause Dream Enjoy beginning Tues, Jan 7. Please bookmark the site and come link up in January!
    Linky Parties hosted at Pause Dream Enjoy
    Pause Dream Enjoy Facebook Fan Page
    :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decoupaged image looks beautiful and you have made the most gorgeous border with the hobby dots. I've never heard of these before! Hugs and thanks for joining us over at dreamtime designs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)