Saturday, December 28, 2013

Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge # 130 - Anything but Holiday

Happy Saturday to you, my crafting friends.  Today's card was not only made for the Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge #130, but it was also made with a very special little fellow in mind.  He's my little nephew who has just turned 7 and loves soccer.

 
The goal was cut using the Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge. I resized it, duplicated it, flipped it and welded it together on Design Studio to make it a goal shaped card.  Whew, sounds like a lot of work, but it's actually pretty easy :-).  The little guy is a digi stamp from Digital Delights as is the  soccer ball.  I used my copics to colour in his uniform in green to match my little nephew's team colours. The grass was punched out with a Fiskars punch. 

 
The "Goal" embellishment for the inside of the card was cut using the Create-a-Friend Cricut cartridge.  The sentiment was computer generated and made up by me ... probably corny, but I thought it perfect for card :-)
 
So this was my card for this week's challenge.  Now it's your turn ... make a project, any type of project, that has to do with anything but holidays and link it up to join in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge #130.
 
Hope you all had a peaceful and blessed Christmas.  Ours was wonderful and full of cheer ... spent with family and great food!  Santa was very generous this Christmas, so I got lots of new "toys" to play with and will share those projects with you on future posts.
 
Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is so fun and perfect for a sport loving boy.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena, this is sooo cute! What an adorable idea for a card! I love it!
    Sue from HIMCRDT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)