Saturday, December 14, 2013

HIMCR Challenge #128 - Super Scraps Saturday

Hi everyone and Happy Saturday! Today I have a Winter Wonderland card to share with you.  This is the card I made for this week's challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room # 128 which is Super Scraps Saturday.  As you can see I used plenty of scraps :)
We had a wonderful sponsor this week ~ Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  They have the most adorable images and you need to go take a look and see what catches your fancy.  I chose this adorable snowman for my card.  Is he not the cutest?


I used a few different dies to make this scene. The puppy and tiny bird came from the Cottage Cutz die set called Jolly Snowman.  The tree is from Dee's Distinctively die called Snow Covered Stacker Trees. For the snow I used my wavy crimper on 3 different pieces of white cardstock and then stacked them to give it a bit of dimension. I fussy cut the snowman, coloured it with copic markers  and wedged it in between the "snow" layers. For the tree, I used pop dots in between all the different cuts and added snow with my pearl pen.  On this picture, it looks very silvery, but in real life it actually is white with a bit of shine to it, so it looks a lot prettier.
 
 
 This is what the inside looks like.  I used a few of the same snowflakes as I used in the front of the card which were all cut with a MS punch and added a little holly with berries to give it a spot of colour.
Well, my crafting friends that is it for my card.  I plan on sending it to my brother because my little nephew loves snowmen and puppies :-)  But then again, what little boy doesn't? :-)
I would love for you to make a project of your own, using your scraps, and link it to our party to join in the fun. Don't forget to visit my team mates' blogs for some wonderful inspiration.
 
Thanks for stopping by and for the encouraging bloggie love.
Have a super weekend
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute! You've built a great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the scene you have created!!.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The snowman and dog are adorable! Love the tree. Beautiful sentiment inside. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)