Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Butterflies Heart

I have been waiting for these dies to arrive so I could play with them and I'm so happy that they worked just the way I envisioned!  I made this pretty card in less than 30 minutes and it came out just the way I wanted.
 
 
I cut out the heart shape out of white shining paper.  Then, I placed it over the pink background mat and traced it around the heart shape.  Next, I lined up the pink paper with the butterfly die and ran it through my cuttlebug.  This is the effect you get when you put them together.  I also "fluffed" up the wings of each butterfly and added a few pearls for their bodies.  I stamped the greeting with Memento Rose Bud ink, sprinkled it with transparent Stampendous embossing powder and heat embossed it.
 
 
Here is a pic that better shows you the shining paper and the embossed greeting.
 
 
For the inside, I used the same pink cardstock, but plain white cardstock for the sentiment, which was computer generated.  I punched out a few butterflies with a MS punch and added some faux pearls with a Viva Décor Pearl Pen.
 
Below you will find the list of other supplies I used:
 Card Base - Recollections Card/Envelope pack - White (6.5" x 5")
Cardstocks - Recollections
Dies used - Cupic Heart and Butterfly Heart - Memory Box
Ribbon, Pearls and Pearl Heart - all from stash
 
I hope you enjoyed your visit today and that you will come back soon.
 
Till then,
Happy Crafting.
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty! Love that die too and your ribbon treatment is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the die you used! So so pretty! The ribbon at the bottom with the pearls is a pretty touch. Love it!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love that die! Oh how pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)