Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge # 131 - Crushed Gray Bay

Welcome back! I hope that you are all off to a wonderful start to the New Year!
Today's challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room is to use three colours - Crushed Curry, Basic Gray and Bermuda Blue.  These are Stampin' Up! colours but you can use any matching colours from any company of your choice :-)
 
Our wonderful sponsor this week is the Scrapbook Stamp Society, and for my card I chose their gorgeous mermaid image.  You really need to stop by their webbie, and check out their beautiful images.
 
I coloured it with a combination of copic markers, chalks and wax pencils blended with gamsol. I had the darnest time capturing the correct colours on my card though.  No matter what I tried, my crushed curry, which is actually Mustard Yellow, would just not come out right.  It looks very orange in the pic, but trust me it is a mustard yellow colour which was the closest I had to crushed curry.

 
I added pearl flourishes, seashell brads, real seashells (hand picked during our summer vacation :-)), flowers and blue gems, all from my stash, as my embellishments. I went over the outline of her beautiful tail and bikini top with a Sakura Star Dust pen.
 
 
For the inside, I added the same colour papers and stamped a few seaweeds with bubbles to give a little special touch.  The flourished border matches the one which is used on the front of the card and was made with a MS punch.
 
I hope that my card gave you some inspiration for you to join in the fun with this week's challenge #131 at HIMCR. I would love for you to play along and link up your projects so we may all see your beautiful creations.  For more inspiration, you need to visit my team mates and see the wonderful projects that they created.  The prize this week, generously sponsored by the Scrapbook Stamp Society, is three of their images.
 
Thank you for stopping by today and for all your wonderful comments.
 
Happy New Year to you and yours. 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and love how finished off the inside.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. Love all the glittery areas and the inside is as pretty as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card Lena, I like the sweet image the shells and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)