Saturday, January 18, 2014

HIding in My Craft Room Challenge # 133 - Clean & Simple

I hope you are having a great start to a great weekend. It's Saturday, so it's time for another challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This week's challenge is to make a clean and simple card.
Our wonderful sponsor this week is Paper Temptress.  Let me tell that Patricia has the most wonderful assortment of cardstocks and specialty papers.  My card today was made using all her papers.

 
I love the way this card came out.  It really was very simple and easy to make :-)
I used a punch for the corners. For the flower, I used the same cardstock that I used for the mats. I embossed it and shaped it a little to give it a bit of dimension.  This cardstock was wonderful to work with and cut beautifully when using the dies.

 
I pretty much copied the same style of card for the inside and used the same cardstocks.
For the flourish, I inked the stamp and stamped it off on a piece of scrap paper and then stamped it on the card.  This makes the background stamp light enough to be stamped over with the sentiment.
 
 
Supplies Used
Card Base - Recollections Ivory (6.5" x 5")
Green cardstock - Gumdrop - Paper Temptress
Pink Cardstock - Cotton Candy - Paper Temptress
Ivory Cardstock - Paper Studio
Punch - EK Success
Front Flourish Die - Cheery Lynn Designs
Flower - Spellbinders/Heartfelt Creations - Sun Kissed Fleur
Embossing Powder - Stampendous - Kaleidoscope
Front Sentiment - Inkadinkado - Celebration Expressions
Inside Sentiment - Stampabilities
Flourish Stamp - Sorry, no info on this set
Pearls - Martha Stewart
 
This is a really fun and easy challenge, so I would love for you to make your project and link it up to join in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room, Challenge # 133.  The prize this week, generously sponsored by The Paper Temptress, is a $25 gift certificate to buy all that extra special cardstock you've been wanting for a while :-)
 
Thank you for stopping by and for all your wonderful comments. I enjoy reading them.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful and elegant with the pink and green and I love the sentiment on the inside.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lena, I like the flower and the corners.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)