Saturday, January 25, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 134 - Something for/about a loved one

Happy Saturday my crafting friends. How was your week?  Mine flew buy and before I knew it, it was time to get this card posted for this week's challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This week's challenge # 134 is to make a project for a loved one or about a loved one.  Our sponsor this week was Template Dreams and let me tell you that it was hard to choose one kit to work with because they have so many beautiful kits with gorgeous papers and elements.  Take a moment after reading this post and go visit their website, you won't be disappointed.  Template Dreams are also sponsoring this week's prize, which is a $5 gift certificate for one lucky winner.

Now for my card ...

I used their Snow Fun kit.  It has pretty winter papers and fun snow images such as penguins, snowflakes, borders and many others. I decided to put my little rascal penguin in a snow globe :-)

 
I added a snowflake border, snowflake corner and scattered a few snowflakes about.  By the time I was done, I wanted to grab a cup of hot cocoa :-)

 
In keeping with my snowflake theme, I added a snowflake border to the inside and scattered another few snowflakes about for good measure :-)
 
So, now that you have seen my card, do you have someone special in mind?  Go ahead and make a project for them to show them how much you care.  Then link it up to our challenge # 134 at Hiding in My Craft Room and you could be the lucky winner.  Can't wait to see what you all come up with.
 
List of Supplies:
 
Card Base - Recollections Card/Envelope pack - Ivory (6.5" x 5")
Background paper and snow globe paper - Template Dreams
Penguin image - Template Dreams
Snowflake Border and Snowflake Corner Dies - Memory Box
Snow Globe Die - Cottage Cutz
Inside Snowflake Border - MS Punch
Little snowflakes - MS Punch
Background Cardstock - Bazzill
Sentiments - Front of card - Computer Generated
Inside of card - Stamp (No name on stamp, sorry - but I have another one with the same sentiment, and that one is by Inkadinkado)
 
Thank you for visiting my blog and for the bloggie love.
Till next time, happy crafting.
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. So love those snow balls, the look so realistic.
    Wishing you a wonderful and relaxed weekend.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over to let you know how cute your card is! What did you use for those little snowballs!?! They are so cute! I browsed through your blog and have become your latest follower. You have beautiful cards.

    www.rockpaperscissors1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your penguin is adorable in the snow globe. Love those snowballs too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I just love the penguin. The snow flake borders look great, and I love the inside sentiment. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)