Monday, February 24, 2014

1st Christmas Card of 2014!

Yes, you read it right!  Since I ran out of time last year, I decided to start making a few Christmas cards every month, so that by the time Christmas comes around, I don't feel the major stress of getting all my cards done on time.  The inspiration for this is a few Christmas Challenge Blogs I follow.  I thought it was great way to get started ...

I made this card for the CAS challenge at Christmas Inspirations.  I don't think it gets more Clean and Simple than this ...
 
I made it red and white - both cardstocks are from Bazzill.
The embossing folder I used is from Darice.
I made a second mat, stamped the image with Versamark and sprinkled Red Tinsel embossing powder over it. Then heat embossed it for the beautiful sparkly look. I cut out the centre and pop dotted it on the original mat.

 
For the inside, I used the same cardstocks and a stamp by Paper Inspirations called Christmas Peace.
 
So there you go, my first Christmas card for 2014! Clean and Simple and extremely easy :-)
 
Thanks for visiting today. I hope you come back soon.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lena, wonderful card! thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. Now, to be elegible, you only need to add our link http://natalduranteoanotodo.blogspot.com.br/2014/02/desafio-012014-clean-and-simple.html
    in your post so that other people can find us.
    Thanks again and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is a good idea.. But....very earley.
    I love the card and if you go on like this you are realy ready in time for xmas.
    xxx Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena, kudos to you for getting a start on your Christmas cards already! What a beautiful card! Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog! I'm your newest follower! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. DANG! You are on the ball! I love the simplicity of it. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)