Saturday, February 15, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 137 ~ Designer Paper x 3

I hope you all had a wonderful and love filled Valentine's Day yesterday.  What a great way to start the weekend :-).  Today we have another challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This is challenge number 137 and for this challenge you have to use 3 designer papers in your project.  Our  fabulous sponsor this week is DCWV and due to their generosity we will have 3 winners!

For my card, I used DP's from the Guy Stack by DCWV.  It is such a fun stack for guys. I love it and it is definitely my go-to stack when making masculine cards.

 
I coloured in my stamped image, cut the three banners and voila ... one easy and quick birthday card for a dear friend.

 
For the inside, I used the same papers as I used for the outside. I just turned the cut-off  ends of the banners upside down and tada!  Easy peasy for the inside too.
 
With having had my crafting corner upside down and inside out (at least it felt that way) while hubby extended my craft table, I was still able to get this card done.  I love working with paper stacks because I'm not that great at matching colours and using a stack takes out all the guess work for you, because you know that all the papers blend well together.  I love DCWV paper - cuts beautifully in the cricut too!  So go ahead and make a project, include 3 designer papers and link it up to the HIMCR post to join in the fun and stand a chance at winning some beautiful paper!
 
List of supplies:
Card base - Recollections Card & Envelope Pack (6.5" x 5")
Designer Papers - DCWV - Guy Stack
Lighthouse -  Stampabilities - Beacon of Light
Sentiment - Hero Arts - Special Birthday
Markers - Copic Sketch
Brads from stash
Stamping done with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
 
Can't wait to see what you all come up with.  I hope that I have given you a little inspiration, but if you need more, you need to stop by my team mates blogs.  They have come up with some wonderful projects for you.
 
I will be back on Monday with a Valentine card.  I have a few to share with you, but can only do it now because otherwise surprises would have been spoiled :-)
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
Lena
~*~
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful card and love how you colored the image. Great paper choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful male card. I love how you colored the stamp, and the DCWV paper looks great!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)