Sunday, March 2, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 139 - Spring Colours

Hi everyone.  This post is very late and here are the reasons why - I had computer virus issues yesterday and couldn't schedule my post, and today I went off this morning to spend the day with my daughter "baby shopping" for our little baby girl that is due beginning June. Yes, I'm going to be a grandma, for the first time, in a few months :-) I'm so excited ... can't wait to meet baby Emma Marie!  Isn't that just the sweetest name?
 
So, now that I've shared the news with you, it's onto this week's challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.  Our sponsor this week is Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and since our challenge is to use Spring Colours, I chose this image called Bethany Picking Flowers. They have the cutest clear stamps,digital stamps and dies for every occasion.  The prize for one lucky winner this week is 3 of their digital images :-)

Since I have to make several Easter cards, I thought I would get a start on them and came up with this card ...

 
I used my cricut to cut out the Easter egg layers using the Easter cartridge and then printed the image on the white mat. I coloured it with copic markers and add a few flowers, ribbon and gems from my stash.  I then added a few butterflies, that I punched out with a MS punch, and voila, one card with Spring Colours :-). I just love this little bunny, I think she is so cute! Gingham paper and cardstock are from my scraps drawers, so unfortunately I have no clue what company they are from.
I have had a few of you ask me what cardstock I use to stamp or/and print my images.  I use the GinaK. Pure Luxury Heavy Weight (120 lb) Pure White cardstock when I'm using a stamped image that I'm going to use copic markers to colour it.  Copic markers do no show through the other side on this type of cardstock. I also have her ivory cardstock, but I find that I use mostly white.  If it is a layering picture, or if I print a digital image, then I use the Georgia Pacific (110 lb) White cardstock.  I have a HP Photosmart Inkjet Printer that for some reason does not pull GinaK's paper through.  It just slips on the little rollers, so when I want to print an image I make sure that it is going to be a layered card, or I use pencils or chalk to colour it so that the colours don't show through to the other side.  I hope this information helps those of you that have had questions and/or problems.


Now here is the inside of my card.  I used the negative image of the scalloped Easter egg to shade in the pink scalloped layer.  I used Memento Angel Pink ink for this. The sentiment was computer generated.

So bloggie friends, this was my card for this week's challenge # 139 at Hiding in My Craft Room.  I hope that you get out all your Spring Colours and join in the fun by making a project and sharing it with us.  Remember that the prize for one lucky winner this week is 3 digital images from our wonderful sponsor, Sweet N Sassy Stamps.

Thank you for visiting today and for your bloggie love :-)
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.

God Bless.
Lena
~*~

 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful Easter card - so sweet. Congrats on becoming a grandma too! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lena, I like the image the colours and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet.
    That is your first Easter card already. But where is your second xmas card?(haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! The spray at the top looks terrific. Great colors.
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)