Saturday, March 15, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 141 - Color It!

Good morning my crafting friends and welcome back to my blog.  It's Saturday, so it's time to join in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room with a new challenge this week.  This is one of my favourite challenges - Color It!  That's right, just find an image that you can color and make a project with it.  The prize this week is a $20 gift certificate from The Paper Shelter.  They generously sponsored the images for the design team this week too.  You have to go visit their online store.  They have the cutest images with matching layout papers!

The Paper Shelter
 
It's the best thing ever for someone like me who agonizes for hours about what papers to use on a project ... this takes away all the guess work of what papers work with the image and what papers work together.  I must tell you that I just loved making my card this week!  Here it is ...

 
As you can see the image and the card layout paper work perfectly together.  All I did was cut out an extra ice cream and pop dotted it to give it a little dimension.  I used my stamps for the sentiments.  I coloured the image with copic markers. 

 
For the inside I also cut out an extra ice cream and glued it down next to my sentiment.  It really was an easy peasy card to make and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I will definitely be visiting their store more often :-)
 
Now it's your turn to find an image and link up your project to HIMCR Challenge # 141 - Color It.  You have till next Saturday to link your project in order to be entered in the draw for this wonderful prize from The Paper Shelter.  For more inspiration, visit the HIMCR blog where you will be able to see what my team mates put together for you.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is so adorable! I love the image and how you've colored it. The papers are super fun, and the inside looks great! Fabulous job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice card!!!
    I love the stamp. I have to go look for digital stamps too.
    The back ground paper matches so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card. Love the papers and the image is so cute. Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lena!!! Once again, you did a GREAT job with your card!! I love how you colored it and how you used the digi paper. I love the dimension you gave to the ice cream with pop-ups...it really added such a GREAT detail to your card. And I also love how you did the inside . . . I don't do that very often because I seem to write (too much-lol) to whomever is receiving my card. But it really does add that little extra special touch, doesn't it?!? Thanks once again for sharing and for the inspiration!!! {{HUGS}}

    Kathy
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun, colorful card! I love the way you colored it in. Really cute! I love how you incorporated the ice cream on the inside too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)