Saturday, March 22, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 142 - Let's Get Digital

Happy Saturday everyone.  We have a new challenge for you at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This week, the challenge is to use a digital image. Easy Peasy!
 
Our sponsor this week is Sami Stamps.
 
Feel Free to Grab My Badge for Your Blog!
 
Here is the card I made using Sami Stamps' Fancy Pillow Digital Image...
 
 
Isn't this a very regal looking cat?  That was my first thought when I saw this image. So I thought that I would add a little French flavor to my card :-)  I printed the image twice, once on white cardstock and the other on pink cardstock. I cut out both images and did a bit of paper piecing in order to have the cat on the pillow.  The tassels were so fine and delicate that I could not fussy cut around them. So I cut them off and made little black tassels out of embroidery floss and two mini brads. For the whiskers, I could not cut around those either so I drew them in on the polka dot paper. All the cardstocks are from The Paper Studio except the polka dot one which is from Bo Bunny.
The Eifel Tower and the lacy border are dies from Cottage Cutz.  The sentiment was computer generated and cut with Stampin'Up punches. Ribbon, brads and gem are all from my stash.

 
I used the same papers on the inside but left it blank so that I could wright the message.
 
Well, my crafting friends, now it's your turn.  Go grab your favourite digi image and Get Digital! If you're in need of a new digi then go take a peek at the super cute images at Sami Stamps, who are also sponsoring the prize this week.
 
For more inspiration on Getting Digital, take a few minutes and visit my team mates at the Hiding in My Craft Room blog.  You will definitely find some great inspiration there.  Don't forget to link your project at Hiding in My Craft Room, Challenge # 142 ~ Let's Get Digital in order to join in the fun.
 
Thank you for stopping by today.
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Oooh I just love the black and pink and its very tres chic.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the scene the colours and the border.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. Great image and sentiment. Love your handmade tassels too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like this card very much! I've been wanting an Eiffel Tower die or I don't know, an image I can use for my vintage designs. Is this a digi? Wonderful color combination, great job!!!

    http://gracielliedesign . blogspot . com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)