Saturday, March 29, 2014

HIMCR Challenge #143 - Freestyle :-)

I hope you are all on the way to having a great weekend.  I seem to have lost a day this week and almost missed this post as I'm still living on yesterday!

Anyway, onto my post ...

Our challenge this week is Freestyle.   Woohoo, that means you can do whatever project you want using whatever media you want.  These are always fun and easy, so I expect to see lots of you joining in the fun this week at Hiding in My Craft Room.  Our sponsor this week is the Paper Temptress.  If you're looking for really good quality cardstock and papers and in the most beautiful colours and textures, then The Paper Temptress is the place you need to visit.  She is also sponsoring our prize this week which is a $25 gift certificate to her store.  You don't want to miss this chance to win this wonderful prize and get some really beautiful papers!

http://www.papertemptress.com/

This is the card I made for this week's challenge ...

 
I used a Try'Fold stamp set from Art Impression called Gazebo.  I must admit that it was a little confusing at first but once I got the hang of it, it was easy and fun to make.  This is what it looks like when it's closed. I used copic markers, glitter pens, Memento ink to sponge in the sky and the grass, and then adhered some flower soft for the flowers.

 
This is what it looks like when you open the first flap.  I had never really used flower soft before, but I must say that I liked it very much even though my desk was covered with the stuff :-)

 
Ta-da! This is the inside of the card.  Even the sentiment came with the stamp set!
 
 
Here is another view of the opened card.  You can clearly see where I cut it out on the first and second folds of the card.
 
So, now that you have seen my project, go grab your toys and get busy.  You have one week to enter our challenge and join in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge # 143!
 
Thanks for visiting today and for the bloggie love :-)
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
Hugs,
Lena
~*~
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. (I had issues the first time I tried one of these too.) Love all the Flower Soft; it really makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lena, I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love how it unfolds! The stamp is wonderful, and I love the colors. So pretty!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)