Saturday, April 5, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 144 ~ Black & White + 1

Hello my crafting friends. I hope you are getting a great start to the weekend.  It's Saturday and that means another challenge at HIMCR.  But today is a special Saturday as we welcome the newest members to our Design Team.  I know it's going to be loads of fun working with and getting to know them.  Visiting their blogs will be a treat as they share their projects with you.  I will post a list of our design team at the end of this post for your convenience. Do take a few minutes to welcome our new members and leave them some of your encouraging bloggie love :-)
Our challenge this week is a colour challenge. You have to use the colours Black and White plus one more colour and that can be of your choice. Fun, don't you think?

Hiding in  My Craft Room
 
Our sponsor this week is Blue Moon Creations. They have amazing digi stamps, so go take a look if you want to add to your digi collection.

Blue Moon Creaton
 
For my card I used their heart with love words digi. I made this card for my daughter's wedding anniversary.
 
 
As you can see the heart with love words already has the word Love in pink so I decided to go with Black & White and use Pink as my + 1 colour.  I resized my image so that I could cut it out with the Memory Box Cupid Heart. I took some pink cardstock and traced the die on it and hand cut around it in order to get the pink mat on the heart.  I used my EK Success punch to cut the corners to slot in the white mat.  Added a heart pin and some little pink roses, some ribbon and pearls and voila, it was done :-)
 
 
 For the inside, I used the same pink and black cardstocks as I used in the front. I cut the heart flourish with the Heart Flourish Die, also from Memory Box.  I only used a section of this die  in order to make it fit on my card.  I cut it again in pink and used the hearts to fill in blank heart spaces. Used a tiny heart from a tiny punch and placed it as a dot over the "i" in Anniversary.

I would love for you to join in the fun of our challenge.  You have until Saturday to link your project to HIMCR Challenge # 144.  The prize this week is a digi image from our sponsor, Blue Moon Creations.

As promised, here is a list of our design team members ...

Laurie, our Team Leader - Hiding in My Craft Room
Kathy - Up in the Night with Kat
Samantha -
Designs by Sammy
Gracie CH -
Graciellie Design
Nancy -
Design Inventions
Melanie -
Afternoon Scrapper
Lisa -
LJ Creations
Jennie -
Jenscrapstoo
Sue -
Sue's Paper Crafts
Lena -
Lena's Creations (that's me :-)

So glad you came by today, and remember that I love to read your comments.

Till next time,
Happy Crafting.

Hugs,
Lena
~*~

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Loving the vibrant pink and black.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Lena. I'm stopping by all of our DT blogs for a quick, "hi" this morning.
    Crafty Hufs,
    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's no secret I love pink!!! Great job, this card looks really nice and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card came out so beautifully! I love it! The pictures do not do it justice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card...simple but elegant. Love the color you chose...it makes everything pop, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena.... I love your card and the inside is adoreable. Excited to get to know you more thru the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Lena! So EXCITED to be "working" with you for another term on HIMCR DT!!! GREAT take on the use of the digi .....and GREAT job on the inside, too! The pink looks so great with the black and white. Again, GREAT job!!!! {{hugs}}

    Kathy HIMCR DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena, First off I want to tell you I love the fun Easter theme of your blog, made me smile. The Black, White and Pink always is a winner and I do love the image you have chosen. Very cool flower accent. Great card.
    Nancy, DT HIMCR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)