Saturday, April 26, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 147 ~ Mother's Day

Oh my, I can't believe it's that time of the year again.  I'm just so thankful that my mom is here with me this year because this way I can celebrate Mother's Day with her :-)  In keeping with the subject, let me to tell you about the fun challenge this week at Hiding in My Craft Room, which is all about Mother's Day.  You can make any project of your choice but it has to be about celebrating Mother's Day.
 

Hiding in  My Craft Room




Pickled Potpourri
 
Our sponsor this week is Pickled Potpourri who are also sponsoring this week's prize.  One lucky winner will receive a $7.00 gift certificate to their store.  How wonderful is that?  Once you take a look at their store, you won't want to leave without getting an image or two.  They have a wonderful selection of images for all occasions.
 
 
For my card this week, I used the Tulips Image.  As you all know by now, my hubby is Dutch, so tulips are very much a part of our lives.
 
 
My mom also loves tulips so I thought this the perfect image to use to make her card.  I went for yellow because it is such a cheerful colour, but in this case you can pretty much use whatever colour you want.  The cardstocks are from the Paper Studio. I used a MS punch around the page punch for the pretty border.  Coloured in the image with copic markers and added a few gems from my stash.
 

 
The sentiment was computer generated.  Since I don't like to put gems inside of my card because I feel it makes them bulky, I stamped a few butterflies instead.  That was it, one Mother's Day card done.
 
Now, if you don't want to miss the fun of our challenge, you will make a project, any project, for Mother's Day and link it up to our challenge # 147 by Saturday, May 3.  Speaking of May 3, I would like to remind you that it is National Scrapbooking Day and we will have several challenges for you to play along.  There are some awesome sponsors with some awesome prizes to give away.
 
Mark Your Calender!
 
Well, my crafting friends, I think that this is it for this post.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Lena, I love your card. Tulips are my favorites also. You have some beautiful sentiments/ verses that you use inside your cards.
    Nancy
    ( by the way I love the new summer look on your blog. You always keep it fun and current)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the punch around the page and how it shows off the yellow. The tulips are so pretty, and the sentiment inside is beautiful! Fabulous job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, just perfect, inside and out. Great sentiment...great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, great job Lena... I know your mom will love this card. I love the inside message too! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the floral image the background and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very nice card.
    I love the tulips.
    Your mother will love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)