Thursday, April 10, 2014

Minnie Mouse Baby Shower Invitations

I'm so excited ... in about 8 weeks we will be meeting little Emma Marie.  Well, we think it will be in about 8 weeks, as you all know, babies have their own schedule and arrive when they please whether mommy is ready or not :-)
Here are the invitations I made for my daughter's baby shower. We love Disney and Minnie is our favourite.  Little Emma doesn't know it yet, but she too will grow to love Minnie :-)

 
This was really a combined effort as my daughter is more computer savvy than me.  She printed the Emma's name and glued that down to all the cards. We decided on the design together and then I went to town :-).  I used the Mickey Font cricut cartridge to do Minnie's head. I cut it all at 4".  The sentiment was computer generated and the cut and matted using the Tiny Doilies dies from My Craft Spot.  The papers are all from The Paper Studio.

 
This is what the inside looks like when you open the card.  Don't you just love the little poem a the top?  It was not my original idea, I got it from the internet a while back and could not find the blog owner. I wish I had found the link so that I could give her credit for it, but there just wasn't one.
 
Now, do you notice something different on my pics?  No?  Well, take another look!  Yup, you got it! I now have a very pretty watermark.  It was done by a fellow HIMCR team member, Gracie.  She does amazing work on signatures, watermarks, blog headers, etc.  If you are looking for something to fancy up your blog some, then Gracie is the person to go to :-)  She's super fast and her service is the best!  And look at my pretty signature ...
 
Have a wonderful day,
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous baby shower invitation. Everybody loves Minnie. Your watermark and signature line looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous Lena, I like the sweet mini mouse image and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena- I love this Invitation, you gotta be so excited!!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the watermark and signature! Very you! :)

    I can't wait to me my lil' Emma either. These invitations are just the cutest! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena-
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award.... you are an amazing artist and card maker! Go look at my blog for the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card!!!
    I also love your watermark. Next time when I come you have to teach me how to do that. You know I am not very good with the things on my computer.
    xxxMarian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)