Thursday, May 22, 2014

CardzTV Challenge - Graduation Card

Hi everyone.  I'm so excited! This is my first post as a DT member of Cardz TV designers.
 
CLICK HERE TO ORDER CARDZ TV STAMPS! 
 
   For our first challenge, Mary asked us to make a Graduation Card. How great was that for me when I have a son and lots of his friends graduating in a couple of weeks? 
 
So this is the card I made for one of his friends. 
 
 
The papers are from Moxxie, purchased at my LSS.  The ribbon was also purchased there. For the sentiment I used a CardzTV stamp set called Congratulations.  I stamped it with versamark ink, sprinkled it with fine silver embossing powder and then heat embossed it.  The tassel was hand made with Artiste floss purchased at Hobby Lobby. 
 
 
For the grad hat, I used a template that I've had in my "Ideas" file for a long time.  It was from a company called Scrapbook Customs.  I think it's so cute that you can put the money or a check in it.  It really is a very fun surprise for the graduate.  The tassel serves as a closure when you tuck a few of the strands into the side of the cap.
 
 
The inside sentiment is also from my stash.  I think I've told you before that I love sentiments and every time I see one I like I put it in my "Sentiments" stash.  Unfortunately, when I first started this, I didn't think to put where I found them, so I have no idea where this sentiment came from.
 
Now let me take a moment to tell you about Mary's stamps from Cardz TV.
These are high quality, clear photopolymer stamps that stamp perfectly every time using a variety of inks.  This is the set I used on my card for this Graduation Challenge.  As you can see this is definitely one of those "must haves" :-) as it incorporates a multitude of occasions
 
http://www.cardztvstamps.blogspot.com/
 
 To see all the other wonderful stamp sets that Mary has for sale click here.  For more inspiration on how to used these stamp sets, click here, where you will find the projects that my team mates did for this challenge and where you can join in the fun.  I would love to see all the creative graduation cards you will come up with.  Mary will have one of her stamp sets as a prize for one lucky winner to be determined by random.org.
 
I will be back with more graduation cards as I finish them. I hope you enjoyed your visit today, and will come back real soon :-)
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Lena, you've created a wonderful graduation card for your son and his friends...they will love them! The school colors and ribbon are so perfect! I'm so glad to have you on the Cardz TV team!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary. I've learnt so much from you in the last few years while following your blog. I'm just so excited to be a part of your DT.
      Lena
      xxx

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful card!! Love the cap and the hidden surprise. Great bg paper, too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lena! I really like how the graduation cap opens up for a gift card. Very different! So happy to be on the CardzTV design team with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena I love your great card! The ribbon is a fabulous touch. TFS :)

    Michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful graduation card. Love how the cap opens to reveal something on the inside. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lena this is a beautiful card. Love that silver embossing. I am so excited to be on the DT with you!
    Anita
    ScrappyHappyMommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I can't wait to see what you come up with next week! I take my hat off to your 3D design ladies. I find that very intimidating :-) I'm very glad to be part of the team - I know I will learn a lot from everyone!
      Hugs,
      Lena

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous graduation card!!! I love the colors and the pretty ribbon you used!! I am glad to be on the Cardz TV DT with you!!!!!
    Have great weekend.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a clever idea Lena! Love it! So excited to be on the Cardztv design team with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful graduation card. I like the embossing & the sentiment you included inside. I look forward to our time together on the DT. =)
    ~Beth
    thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderfull card!!!
    With the school colours and all the graduation items.
    Now I am very curious what you are going to make for Brian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful finished card inside and out! LOVE it! I remember when all the kids had friends graduating and how wonderful for them and you because you gave much more than a card - you gave them a piece of you.

    mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on the new DT and love your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Lena!!! Super pretty card! LOVE those colors! The silver is so distinguished! I am so excited to be on another DT with you!!!

    Have a great day!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lena this is a beautiful card, love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you incorporated the school colors and ribbon in your card.. Very beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)