Saturday, May 17, 2014

HIMCR - Challenge # 149 - Embossing.


Hello and welcome back. Today's challenge at HIMCR is all about embossing :-)  How fun is that?  It can be any kind of embossing ~ you can use wet or dry, use embossing folders, embossed paper, embossing powders or dig out your old metal stencils and stylus and relive a few memories :-)  There is only one thing you have to remember, and that is to have FUN with it!

Our wonderful sponsor this week is Laurie from Hiding in My Craft Room.  Her prize this week, for one lucky winner, will be embossing folders! How cool is that?

hidinginmycraftroom.com

For this challenge, I made a card using the Divine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Wanting to continue with making some Christmas cards towards my stash, here is what I came up with for this week.

 
Cardstocks are all from my stash. I used a Spellbinders Labels 22 die for the mat and a  My Craft Tiny Metal Doillies die to mat the sentiment.  The sentiment is from a CardzTV stamp set called Going in Circles.  I used a tiny stamp from JustRite Stamps for the holly and leaves.  I coloured the image with copic markers. Used Liquid Applique for the snow and her jacket.  I went over her wings with a Gelly Roll Clear Start sparkly pen.  Lastly, I added a little spray of flowers from Recollections and KaiserCraft.  The berries are from Magnolia.
 
 
For the inside, I used the same papers, same die and same holly stamp.  The sentiment is from JustRite Stamp set called Merry & Bright.
 
You have until Saturday, May 24 - 2:00 am PST, to link up your project in order to be entered to win our fabulous prize this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing all your very creative and beautiful projects!
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!
 

5 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet Christmas card. Love that embossing folder with the image - it reminds me of swirling snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Lena, gorgeous design and colours. have a nice weekend
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice.
    And another xmas card!!!!
    I like the bleu.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the card, Lena, can't wait to create my entries for the challenge :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card and image thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)