Saturday, May 24, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 150 ~ Let's Hear it for the Boy!

Happy Saturday all and for my American friends, I wish you all a very blessed holiday weekend.
Today's challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room is to make a masculine project.

hidinginmycraftroom.com
 

How many men do you have in your life? Husbands, brothers, sons, nephews, and many more I'm sure.  And like most of you, I struggle the most making these cards, so this was a real challenge for me.
 
Our sponsor this week is 2 Cute Ink.  They have great digi stamps that help making cards and other projects a total breeze :-)

2 Cute Ink
 
  So for a little guy in my family, I made this cute birthday card with the Cute Raccoon Image.
 
 
I used the Distressed Stripes embossing folder for the BG.  Then cut a green mat with the Leafy Squares from Spellbinders for my lil raccoon. I coloured the image with copic markers.  Twine and buttons are from my stash.

 
For the inside I used the same papers.  The little green leaves are the cut outs of the mat that was used in the front of the card :-)  And those that know, say you should throw away any scrap that is smaller than at 3" x 4" piece!  Hah!  I tend to keep them ALL :-) and was happy to use these scrappy leaves. I think it added an element of fun to the inside of the card.
 
Now it's your turn to make a project for a boy or man in your life.  Link it up to our challenge blog to join in the fun and to stand a chance to win 2 images from 2 Cute Ink.  Remember to link it to our
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!

 

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card!!!
    You did a nice job.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so cute and I love the ornate frame around the cute critter.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the nice comment you left there.
    I loved this birthday card. You have some really nice stuff here. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)