Saturday, May 31, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 151 - Freestyle! :-)

Hello and welcome back! I hope you are all having a great Saturday!

Today, the challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room is Freestyle!  Woohoo, you can do whatever you wish and join in the fun with us.


Our sponsor this week is Scrapper's Delight.  They will be giving away 3 digital images to one lucky winner, so don't forget to link your projects to our Challenge # 151 at HIMCR
by June 7 at 2:00 am PST.
 
Scrappers Delight

Here is the card I made using one of the many super cute images available at Srapper's Delight.
This one is called Winter Elf and since I'm trying to get a head start on my Christmas cards, I thought this image would be perfect to make one.

 
I used a stamping technique that I learnt from watching GinaK. at Stamp TV.  It looked so cool that I had to give it a try and it worked pretty well, if I do say so myself :-)
The snowflakes are from the Snowglobe Kiddo set and they were stamped with Memento Danube Blue and Sky Blue inks. The gems are from Recollections and the papers are from the Paper Studio.
 

I used the same papers, snowflakes and inks to do the inside of the card.  The sentiment stamp is from an old stamp set and I no longer have the info on it.  In order to avoid some bulk, I used my glitter pen on the snowflakes instead of gems.

Voila, another Christmas card done and it's not even Christmas in July yet :-)
Now, I can't wait to see your wonderful projects, so don't forget to link them to our blog.  Also while you at it, take a few minutes to stop by my team mates blogs for some amazing inspiration.  You will find their names on the bar on the right hand side of this post under HIMCR DT.

Until next time,
Happy Crafting
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, Lena! What a pretty card...can't believe you have a start on your Christmas cards! Go Lena! Thanks for sharing - happy weekend! Now, I'm off to peruse this website, as the images look darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena.I like the sweet image and the paper.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeahhhhhh another xmascard. And a very nice one I think.
    I think I am going to start also with it.
    Good idea!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card using my favorite colors. I look forward to creating my entry this week for the challenge :)

    Em xxx
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fabulous! The image is so cute! I love the stamped background and the colors. Awesome job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)