Saturday, May 3, 2014

HIMCR - NSD 01 - Scrapbook Page

Hi there my crafting friends and welcome to Hiding in My Craft Room's National Scrapbook Day Challenges.  We have a day of fun planned for you beginning with this post.
 
For this challenge you are asked to make a scrapbook page :-) Now is the time to catch up on all those scrapbook projects you have been meaning to do but just haven't gotten around to doing it.
 
Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is DCWV.  We will have three winners!
 
DCWV
 
For my layout, I did the first two pages of my daughter's baby shower that took place this last weekend.  I still have a bunch of photos, so I will be doing at least another page layout which I will share with you in the near future.

 
The theme for the baby shower was Minnie Mouse and the colours were pink polka dots, black and white. 

 
For this page I used flowers from Recollections, papers from The Paper Studio and ribbons from different companies but all bought at Hobby Lobby.  The doily was punched with a MS circle edge punch with the eyelet doily punch cartridge.  The hearts banner at the top was cut with a die from La La Land and the lacy edge at the bottom was punched with a MS edge punch.  I chose all the family pictures for this page.  The middle pic shows 3 generations - my daughter, me and my mom.  Soon we will have to add the 4th generation - Baby Emma :-)
 

 
I kept the papers, flowers and ribbons the same for continuity.  I cut the Minnie Mouse Silhouette with the Cricut using the Mickey Font cartridge.  Since I had so many pics of Samantha opening her gifts, I decided to make a collage in the shape of the Minnie Mouse silhouette.
 
This was it for my scrapbook page.  I hope that you join in the fun and link up your project.  You have till Saturday, May 10 at 2:00 am PDT.  Remember that we will have 3 winners, for this challenge ~ the prizes are DCWV papers.
 
I hope to see you all back in an hour for our next challenge.  We will be running 5 challenges in total ~ one per hour on the hour till 3:00 pm CST.  Come on and join the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room and help us celebrate National Scrapbooking Day!
 
Till later,
Happy Crafting.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the way these scrapbook pages came out!! So stinking adorable!! :) It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)