Saturday, May 3, 2014

HIMCR - NSD 02 - Old Elegant Mambo

It's National Scrapbooking Day and 12:00 pm here in sunny Pearland, which means that it is time for challenge number 2 at Hiding in My Craft Room.

For this challenge you have to use these 3 beautiful colours.  These are StampinUp colours but you may use papers from any company and just match them as close as possible to the sample below.

 
Our sponsor for this challenge is The Scrapbook Stamp Society.  They are going to offer 5 of their gorgeous digital images to one lucky winner.
 
 
Scrapbook Stamp Society
 
So here is the card I made using their Ballet Girl digi image.  Isn't she totally adorable?
 
 
I didn't have any StampinUp papers so these are the closest I had for this colour challenge.  I embossed the purple mat with a Cuttlebug embossing folder called Geometric Rings.  Then I lightly sanded the embossed areas to bring out the white core of this cardstock.  I used copic markers to colour in the image and outlined it with a Clear Star Gelly Roll pen to add a bit of sparkle.  I cut the image with a Spellbinders Floral Ovals die.  Sentiment was computer generated and cut with SU! punches. Leaves were cut with EK punch.  Flowers are from Recollections and gems are from my stash.,


 
I used the same papers and the same colour flowers for the inside.  The sentiment is a stamp from Inkadinkado.
 
I can't wait to see what you will create using these colours, so link up your project, by Saturday, May 10  at 2:00 am PDT, to our Hiding in My Craft Room National Scrapbooking Day of fun
 ~ Challenge No. 2 :-)
 
 
Till later,
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lena, great card and fabulous coloring. I love how you colored her and how you can see through her skirt.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)