Friday, June 6, 2014

CardzTV ~ Challenge No. 2 ~ Make a Father's Day Card

Hello my bloggie friends.  What a busy week this is for me :-)  My first grandbaby was born on Wednesday and my son graduates from high school tomorrow :-).  So you can understand how happy I was with our CardzTV challenge # 2 because it gave me an opportunity to start on Father's Day cards.
 
CardzTV DT Member
 
Both my hubby and son love The Incredibles, so while looking through my cricut goodies I came across my Disney Best of Pixar cartridge and I thought this to be the perfect card for my son to give his dad.
 
 
The papers are all from my scraps stash, as are the gems. I cut all my layers at 4.25" and they are all from the Best of Pixar cartridge.  I believe that the starburst was cut at 4". Little square gems are also from my stash.

 
I found this little poem online a while back and thought it perfect for this card.
 
 
 
The sentiments I used on the front of the card and on the inside are both from the CardzTV stamp set called You're the Man.  If you haven't had a chance to look through CardzTV stamps, then you should click here and take a few minutes to browse through all the wonderful sets that Mary has for sale.  They are very good quality photopolymer stamps that stamp beautiful every time on a variety of surfaces and you can use any and all of your favourite inks. 
 
I hope you will play along with us.  All you have to do is make a card for Father's Day and link it to our challenge # 2.  You have until noon EDT, Thursday, June 19, 2014 to link your projects.
 
Good luck everyone and until next time,
Happy Crafting!
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Love the background paper, it's perfect for this image. Congrats on your new grandbaby!!

    Linda ☺
    Crafting With Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Father's Day card is absolutely Incredible
    (No pun intended) just couldn't help myself. You sure did one outstanding job here I love so love the Incredibles too! Super Great stamp set too so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Double congrats on the grandbaby and your baby graduating high school. Wonderful Father's Day card too. Love the bright colors and the chevron background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card!!! Love it!! Have a great weekend.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Lena!!! Your husband is sure to love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super card. I know some families who are enjoy the Incredibles and would appreciate having access to it. I like the paper you chose, the chevron is perfect.

    ~Beth DT team member
    http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super fun card Lena! Love the chevron papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lena, I love your card!! Thank you for sharing your time and wonderful talent with the Cardz TV Design Team!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)