Saturday, June 7, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 152 - So Wild Rose!

Happy Saturday bloggie friends.  Today at Hiding in My Craft Room we have a really fun challenge for you.  I love colour challenges, they really get my creative juices flowing :-)  For our challenge #152, the colours you have to use are So Saffron, Wild Wasabi and Rose Red.  These are all StampinUp! colours, but you can use any colours you have that are very close to these.  Here is a sample of the colours:

 
 
 
Our sponsor this is week is Scrapper's Delights
 
http://www.scrappersdelights.com/
 
They are giving away 3 digital images to one lucky participant.
 
I used their Beach Babe Tube 1 Image and papers from The Paper Studio and this is what I came up with ...
 
 
The polkadot paper is from BoBunny.  The palm trees were cut using the Pack Your Bags Cricut Cartridge.  The clouds are dies from Memory Box.  I sponged the sea and sky with inks from Memento.  I used Teal Zeal, Cantaloupe and Angel Pink.  Miss Beach Babe herself was coloured in with Copic Markers and fussy cut so that I could pop dot on the beach :-)

 
For the inside I used the same papers.  To add a little fun, I stamped a palm tree and a couple of seagulls.  Both of these are from a stamp set I purchased at Michaels a long time ago.  It is from the Inkadinkado Stamp-a-Story collection called Day At The Beach.  I used Marvy Brush Markers to colour in the palm tree stamp before stamping the image on the cardstock.  Added the birthday sentiment and voila, one summery card for a great birthday :-)
 
Now it's your turn, so go grab those beautiful colours from your stash and make something to enter our fun challenge.  Don't forget to link it up to our Challenge # 152.
 
Thank you for coming by today.  I hope to see you again real soon.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. You've created an adorable scene. Love the polka dots as sand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lena, i love the scene you have created
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real summer card.
    Very nice.
    You can see on my blog also a summer card but totally different.

    xxxMarian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card, I love the image you picked. Thanks for the blog love, there are actually a few more prizes not metioned in my prize post as they haven't arrived yet. Now if only I could only be so lucky with the job hunt. LOLOL

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)