Saturday, June 14, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 153 ~ SSS

Happy Saturday bloggie friends.
  Today is HIMCR's Super Scraps Saturday, so it's time to pull out
 all those scraps  and make a project :-)

  
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/
 
 
 
Our sponsor this week is The Paper Temptress.  You will fall in love with her papers!
One lucky person will win a $25 gift certificate to her store.  Good luck everyone!
 
 
 
 
My project ...
 
 
I love the way this card came out. The white paper is from the Paper Temptress Lustre collection called Vintage Silver Lustre.  It is beautiful to use but a real bear to photograph, so here is a pic from their website.  You may be able to see the pearly finish and the fine embossed texture better.
 

 
It is absolutely beautiful and perfect for fancy dresses and wedding gowns.  I cut my dress for the card out of this paper and also used it as one of the mats.  The dress was cut using a die by Tattered Lace.  I love their dies.  They cut beautifully, but I find that I have to use a metal shim in my Cuttlebug. 
 
 
For the inside I used the same papers, stamped a sentiment by Hero Arts and added a few butterflies for good measure :-) The pink flourish paper is by the Paper Pizazz company.
 
Don't forget that you have till next Saturday to link up your project to the Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge 153 ~ SSS.
 
Have a wonderful weekend, crafty friends.
 
Till next time
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Lena, I like the die cut dress and the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card.
    It is very elegant.
    Hugs
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card.
    It is very elegant.
    Hugs
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card.
    It is very elegant.
    Hugs
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lena. Great colors and papers.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)