Saturday, June 28, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 155 - Wedding

Happy Saturday everyone! It's time for our next challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room!

 
Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge # 155
Wedding Theme


 
Our sponsor this week is the Paper Shelter.
They have a prize of a $20 gift certificate to their store.

 
And here is my project using their already coloured in image called Happy Couple.

 
I used a brick wall embossing folder from Sizzix. The I cut the arched window with a die from Marianne Creatables. I went over the brick wall and the arch with Momento Desert Sand ink.
I punched out a few flowers, leaves and butterflies and assembled them all on the card.

 
I used the Happy Couple image from The Paper Shelter on the inside of my card.  I added a couple of fancy corners.  These are part of the Spellbinders - Samantha Walker collection called Lace Hearts. I added a couple of butterflies to finish it off.

 
Here you can see the image in more detail.  I printed it and cut it at 3".  I also added a little bling to her veil with my Clear Star Gelly Roll pen.  You just can't have a bride without bling! :-)
 
 
On the other side, I cut an extra arch to finish the opening nicely and stamped a sentiment from a GinaK stamp set duo.

 
Just wanted to let you know where I got the inspiration for my card this week.  I was looking through my wedding photo album and saw this photo and immediately knew what my next wedding card was going to look like.  It worked too :-)  I love it when an idea that forms in my head looks good when put on paper :-)  This photo was taken during our photo session at Rhodes Park in Johannesburg, South Africa.  I can't believe this was 28 and half years ago!
 
I wonder, my crafting friends, where is your inspiration going to come from?  Well, where ever it may be, I hope that you will make a wedding project and link it up to our challenge and join in the fun this week at Hiding in My Craft Room.  Remember the wonderful prize this week is a $20 gift certificate to the Paper Shelter store.  They really do have the most beautiful images and some of them are already coloured in which saves time when making your projects :-)
 
Thank you for visiting my blog today and all the bloggie love you have left me :-)
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!




3 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Lena,I love the image and all the detail.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, love that it is a window card. The background is gorgeous and the colors too! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lena, this is absolutely beautiful! The detail is fantastic. Love that arched window and bridge and groom image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)