Thursday, July 3, 2014

CardzTV Challenge # 4 ~ Thank You Card using Red, White & Blue Only

Hello my crafting friends.  I hope you are all enjoying your summer!  It's been very busy with different events going on at the Fonkert household, but it's all settling down as we head towards our vacation.  I'm very excited and looking forward to it.
 
 
Mary from CardzTV challenged us today to create a Thank You card using Red, White & Blue ONLY!  So here is what I came up with ...
 
 
I used the Spellbinders Cut, Fold and Tuck die set called Floral Burst to make the flower and a multi-layer ek punch for the large butterfly.  The cardstocks all came from the Color Kaleidoscope Paper Pack from the Paper Studio Co.  The little butterflies were cut with a MS punch.  The ribbon threader is a die from Marianne Designs.  As for the ribbon, it came tied in a very pretty bow on a very delicious box of chocolates :-)
 
For my sentiment I used the Going in Circles and the Happy Days stamp sets from CardzTV.   Thanks to some inspiration and direction from Mary, I masked and stamped two different sentiments from the two different stamp sets to come up with my "Thank You" greeting :-)  You should take a few moments and visit her blog. It's filled with wonderful projects and great easy-to-follow tutorial videos.  There you will also find her wonderful stamp sets.  They stamp beautifully every time and, as you can see from what I did on my card, are very versatile :-)
 
Here are the pics of these two stamp sets to whet your crafting appetite :-)
 

 
Now it's your turn to create a Thank You card using only red, white and blue and join in the fun of  challenge #4 at CardzTV.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!
 
 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. The floral burst is so pretty. I love the ribbon threader, and the bow looks great. Great job my friend, and I hope you and your family have a fun and safe 4th of July!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Lena! I love the butterflies and the sheer ribbon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty flower card, I really like the weaved ribbon.

    ~Beth
    Cardz TV, DT Member
    http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)