Thursday, July 17, 2014

CardzTV Challenge # 5 ~ Child's Birthday

We have a fun challenge for you today at CardzTV and that is to create a Birthday Card for a child, BUT there is a condition :-), you have to use Brads, Buttons or Bows!  How fun is that?  And how easy?

 
So for my project, I made this card for my little nephew who will be turning 8 this year.

 
He loves Disney's Cars and since I had already made him a few cards with Lightning McQueen, I thought that Mater would do very well this time.  I cut him out at 4.5" using my Cars Cricut cartridge. All the cardstocks are from my scraps drawers.  I cut and sponged a few pieces of the darker brown cardstock to make it look like dirt.  The little flowers are brads from my stash and to be honest I have no clue where they came from.  All I know is that it was the last of that little box.  If I find some more, I will come back and edit this post to let you know.  I also used a brad to "hook" the sentiment.  The stamp I used for this sentiment is from a CardzTV stamp set called Happy Days.  You will see from the picture below (very first sentiment on top row on left hand side) that the stamp looks different than what it shows on my banner.  That is because I cut this stamp between the words "Happy" and "Birthday".  This way, I can use it as it meant to be or side by side like I did here.  I told you that CardzTV stamps are very versatile and I do want to mention again how beautifully they stamp every time and in a variety of inks.  This stamp set is one of my "go to" sets as it has  many different greetings that can be used for various different occasions :-)
 
 
I would love for you join in the fun.  As always, Mary will be giving away one of her stamp sets to one lucky card maker this week.  All you have to do is make a birthday card for a child and don't forget to use Brads, Buttons or Bows.  Then link it up to our challenge #5 and you could be the lucky winner :-)
 
That is all from me today.  Thank you for stopping by and for all the bloggie love.
 
Till next time,
Happy Summer!
 

6 comments:

  1. Great job!! How creative to to hook the sentiment and I love your flowers!!

    ~Beth
    Cardz TV, DT Member
    http://thecraftyscrapyard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastically fun card. You really did one outstanding job creating Mater you really, really did. Your little scene turned out so great. Love how you have the sentiment attached with a brad.
    Your whole card is just fabulous.
    You are one super clever, creative and talented gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card Lena! I loved the sponging you did for the dirt and the flower brads are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He will LOVE your CUTE card. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous job on your card. Who wouldn't love getting a card with Mater on it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)