Saturday, July 26, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 159 ~ Another Christmas in July :-)\

I hope you are all having a great Saturday.  Today we have another Christmas challenge for you at Hiding in My Craft Room.  A great way to get moving on those Christmas cards :-)
 
Our sponsor today is Digi Digi Doodle
 
http://www.bluemooncreation.net/Digi-Digi-Doodle.html
 
Here is the card I made using their image.  When I saw this cute digi, the song automatically popped into my head, so I had to make a card that involved some sort of music embellies :-)
 
 
I used an ek success punch to create the top border.  The green Christmas paper is from a Christmas mat stack from The Netherlands, that my SIL gave me a couple of years ago.  The gems, ribbon and button are from my stash.  It was a very simple card to make but I like the way it came out.  It's not at all my usual kind of card as I tend to stick to the more traditional Christmas colours of red, green and gold or blue, white and silver.  I coloured in the star at the top of the tree to give it a little more pop :-)
 
Here is what I did for the inside of my card:
 
 
I used the cutout music notes from the border on the front of the card. The sentiment is a stamp from the JustRite Christmas Noel Collection.  I stamped the ornament with Memento Cottage Ivy and the sentiment with Rich Cocoa.
 
 I would love for you to make a Christmas project and join us in the fun of this challenge.  Remember, you have till Saturday, August 2, 2:00 am PST to submit your creation to HIMCR Challenge # 159.  Can't wait to see what you come up with!
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. A very musical xmas card.
    I love the punch you used for the top of the card.
    Yeeehh another xmas card.
    How many more to go????

    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous insie & out!Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a lovely comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your CUTE card. LOVE the music punch at the top. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love that tree stamp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)