Tuesday, July 29, 2014

HIMCR ~ EXTRA Christmas in July Post

We had so much fun with our last two Christmas in July challenges, that we have an EXTRA one for you today.


Our sponsor today is Digi Digi Doodle again. They have been so generous in supplying some great images. You need to go take a look at their digi store here!
 
 
My card for today ...
 
 
I stamped my background with a Snowfall Background stamp from JustRite Stamps using Memento Bahama Blue ink.  Then I printed the digi right in the middle.  Some of you have asked me how I do position my digi stamps, so here is a simple explanation.  I print my image on regular paper.  Then I place the cardstock over the place I want the image to be printed.  In order to see clearly, I hold both the original print and the cardstock up to the light.   I use blue painters tape to hold the cardstock in place and feed it again through my printer.  See, easy peasy.  Please let me know if you have any other questions. You may contact me by email at lenfon@msn.com.
The little bow and snowflake brad are from my stash.  I used a glitter pen to colour in the centres of all the snowflakes, to outline the letters and to colour in the ornament's heart.
 
 
On the inside I stamped my sentiment and a couple of snowflakes to give it a little extra special touch.
 
This was a very quick and simple card to make but I love the look of it.  How are you all coming along with your Christmas cards?  Don't forget to link your creations to the HIMCR Challenge # 159 - Christmas in July post in order to join in the fun and stand a chance to win the prize.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 




7 comments:

  1. very pretty card!! thanks for the quick tip on printing the digi stamps.. may have to try it sometime. TFS
    Kubra H.
    KsKraftyKorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card. Love the blues and white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card!!!
    And a total different way to make it.
    You have to teach me in december when I am with you!!

    xxx
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena, this is stunning! I have to admit that I'm WAY behind this year and haven't even started thinking about Christmas, well, maybe I have just a bit, but not much. Eek!

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card! I love the colors and that sentiment works so well with it!

    Samantha – HIMCR DT
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is GORGEOUS. Love it. Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Lena! And thanks for the shout out! If you are ever looking for more design team work, get in touch with me. I'm also in the polymer stamp business and getting ready for another DT Call!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)