Saturday, August 9, 2014

HIMCR Blogiversary #1 ~ Super Scraps Saturday

Happy Saturday everyone. We are celebrating Hiding in My Craft Room's 5th Blog Anniversary!  So come celebrate with us and join in our fun.  We will have another 3 challenges for you - one per hour on the hour :-)

 
Our first challenge of the day ~ Super Scraps Saturday, so all you have to do is create a project using your scraps and link it up to our blog under HIMCR Blogiversary #1.
 

 
Our sponsor for this challenge is SamiStamps. They are also sponsoring the prize for this challenge.  They are going to give a $12 gift certificate to their digi store to one lucky winner!
 
 
 
For my card, I used SamiStamps' Witch's Cat digi image.  Isn't it adorable?
As you can see I used loads of scraps. The fence, pumpkins, spiderweb and spiders, little bats and ghosts are all Cottage Cutz dies. The green mat was edged with the MS droopy goo punch. I used a CardzTV stamp from the Happy Days stamp set for the Halloween greeting.  I coloured my image with copic markers.

 
The inside sentiment was computer generated and the images were stamped with several odd stamps, probably all found at the dollar bin at Michaels :-) at one time or another.
 
I hope you have enjoyed this first challenge and are gathering all your scraps to join us.  You have till next Saturday, August 16 at 2:00 am PST to link your project to the HIMCR blog.
 
I'm excited to enter this card in our wonderful sponsor's challenge at SamiStamps.
 
I will be back in an hour with another challenge.
 
Till then,
Happy Crafting!
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Like the coloring on your Halloween card. I'll be looking to see what pumpkin I'm going to have my hubby carve this yr.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Halloween card! I really like the slimy paper coming off underneath the image!

    Sami Stamps is currently having an "Anything Goes" challenge on the Sami Stamps blog. The only requirement is to use a Sami Stamps image. Yours qualifies if you would like to play along! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halloween already? Yikes! Actually, I really like your card. I'm partial to that image, too, because it is the one I used when Sami released it (smile). You've done a wonderful job with the card. That fencing is wonderful! Thank you for joining us this month in the challenge at Sami Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love your halloween card and it firts perfectly to our challenge over at Sami Stamps. But could you please backlink to our challenge in order to be in the run for a prize??
    Bettina DT Member at Sami Stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bettina, thank you for reminding me. I was so busy with the blog hop that day, that it slipped my mind :-)
    Lena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! All the fun Halloween embellishments are just perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at Sami Stamps!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)