Saturday, August 16, 2014

HIMCR Challenge #161 ~ Ribbon!



Happy Saturday all.  We have a fun challenge for you today, at Hiding in My Craft Room, and that is to use Ribbon!  Yes, it's that fun and it's that easy!

 
Our sponsor for today's challenge is The Scrapbook Stamp Society.  They are also sponsoring the prize this week which is 4 pre-selected images.
 
 
 
For my card, I used their very cute Sailor Boy image.  I fell in love with this little sailor the minute I saw him, so I was very happy that I was able to choose this image to work with.  If you want to see more cute images like this, just stop by the Scrapbook Stamp Society web store.  You won't be disappointed :-)
The solid colour cardstocks are from Co'ordinations, the striped one is from Colorbok. Ribbons are from my stash and the buttons were purchased at Jo-Ann. I coloured the image using copic markers.
 

 

For the inside I used the same papers and added an anchor from the SU! Open Sea stamp set.  The sentiment was written by yours truly :-)  I have a very special young man in mind to whom I'm going to give this to :-)
 
All you have to do now in order to join in our fun at Hiding in My Craft Room, is to make a project that involves a ribbon (or ribbons).  You have till Saturday, August 23, 2:00 am PST to link it up to our challenge #161.
 
I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog today and that you have the time to leave some bloggie love.
 
Till next time,
God Bless


 

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable. Love that cute image and your design is wonderful. Those sailboat buttons are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the image the buttons and the colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card.
    The colors are matching so well with the paper!!!!
    I love the 3 buttons on the left of the card.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lena this is just so beautiful with the monochromatic blues and such a cute image. Loving the little sailboat buttons.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena, I love your card, the image is too cute, the papers are gorgeous & the little buttons are just perfect!
    Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog & leave a sweet comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a perfect guy card! The image is adorable and your background is great!

    sending hugs
    Regina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)