Saturday, August 23, 2014

HIMCR Challenge #162 ~ Any Holiday

Happy Saturday all!  Today we have an easy peasy challenge for you and with all the holidays coming up, I'm sure you won't have a problem at all finding a card or project you would like to create.

 
 
 
 
Our sponsor this week is Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  They are also giving a $7 gift certificate to their store to one lucky winner.
 
 
 
 
For my challenge this week, I decided on a Christmas card, so I chose Sweet 'n Sassy's Christmas Candle image. It just looked so elegant to me. I coloured it with copic markers and added a little silver sparkle with a Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen.  I used the Cuttlebug Geometric Rings embossing folder for the background.  Gems and ribbon are from my stash.  Cardstocks are from GinaK.


 
For the inside I used the following stamps:
Sentiment ~ Stampabilities - Glory of Christ
Holly Leaf ~ Studio 18 - coloured with copic markers.
 
As you can see this was a very easy card to put together and it's one more card done towards the many I have to make for Christmas :-)
 
Now it's your turn.  Make a craft for any holiday and link up to Hiding in My Craft Room Challenge # 162.  You have till Saturday, August 30, 2:00 am PST.  You could be the lucky winner for this week's prize :-)  Also, if you have a few moments, take a look at what my team mates made for your inspiration.  You will find the DT's names, and links to their blogs, on the right hand bar.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 


8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Love the red candle and the ribbon going behind the focal panel. Great design and card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful Christmas design. Love the red mountings.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. The image looks great and I love how you've colored it. As always, I love the inside sentiment. Yes, it's that time of year to start our Christmas cards. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous! I hadn't seen Sweet 'n Sassy stamps before but I took a look and they are really nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and elegant! I love the vintage-y look of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a nice and elegant card!!!
    I love everything about it.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this image, and love it! You've colored this beautifully, and the layout is perfect! Great job, Lena :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could color like that. What on-line resources for technique would you recommend? I have a real orange of regret that my coloring looks so bad that I don't send them when I'm done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)