Saturday, August 30, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 163 ~ Freestyle!

Good morning all.  I had a few issues with internet connections, so this post is a little late, but I hope that you will still enjoy it and join us in this week's fun. 
 
 
Our challenge this week at HIMCR is Freestyle.  Woohoo, you can make whatever you want as long as it is related to paper crafting and link it up to our challenge # 163.  By doing so, not only will you join in the fun with other very talented crafters but also to stand in line to win this week's prize which is 3 digital images of winner's choice and is being sponsored by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.
 
 
 
Sweet 'n Sassy stamps also sponsored our DT  this week.  I chose to use their Blue Bird image.  I just fell in love with it the minute I saw it and this is what I came up with ...
 
 
 
I used copic markers and pencils to colour in my image.  The mat for the image was cut from a die by Spellbinders called Floral Doily Motifs.  The sentiment was made using dies from My Craft Spot. The background paper was a gift from Cardmaking & Papercrafting magazine. I added little gold pearls with a pearl pen.
 
 
I used the same papers and mat for the inside.  I left it blank because I wanted space to write a personal message.
 
I can't wait to see what beautiful creations you will come up with.  Remember that you have till Saturday, 6 September at 2:00 am PST to link up your creations to our challenge # 163 at Hiding in My Craft Room.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting and God Bless.

 

5 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful and smacks of spring. Loving the design paper.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. very lovely card Lena.. I love how you colored the bird.. very pretty. the spellbinder die fit in very well with the floral look of the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I left a comment yesterday.... But maybe it did not go through... Wanted to stop by again and tell you that I just love this card... The coloring/ shading of the bird is awesome and I love how the spellbinder die compliments the floral designer paper. Great job Lena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the blue bird and doily card. The background paper is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)