Saturday, September 6, 2014

HIMCR Challenge #164 ~ Think Fall!

It's a little hard to think about Fall when our temperatures are still in the high 90's :-), but that is the challenge we, at Hiding in My Craft Room, have for you this week.
 
 
HIMCR Challenge # 164 ~ Think Fall!
That means that you can create any project with a Fall theme and colours and link it up to our challenge.  The prize this week is being sponsored by DCWV.
 
 
For my card today, I used DP from DCWV's paper stack called Autumn Melody. It has the most beautiful papers with the warm, rich and vibrant colours of Fall.
 
 
I decided to make a little Fall scene from our front yard :-) We will have the pumpkins on the bench, mostly because the fire ants and other creepy crawlies will get to them, but I doubt there will be an owl perched on the arm rest.  However, one can hope :-) These pumpkins and leaves were all cut using Cottage Cutz dies.  The little owl is a button.  I cut the shank off, so it lays flat against the paper. I added a gold ribbon to enhance the gold accents on the DP and added a little acorn for good measure. Oh yes, I almost forgot, the park bench is a die by Memory Box.

 
I used the same papers on the inside and added a little pumpkin for a little something extra. The sentiment is from my stash.  Yes, lol, I do have a stash of sentiments.  When I see one that I like, or read somewhere or from cards that I receive, I hoard them to use in the future.
 
So now it's your turn to get out your Fall goodies and make a project to link up to our challenge.  There will be 3 winners this week, so you won't want to miss it!  You have till Saturday, August 13 at 2:00 PST to link your creation to Hiding in My Craft Room, Challenge # 164.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I have that same stack from DCWV, it is my favorite Fall paper!!
    Beautiful!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lena, I like the bench full of pumpkins and the owl
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. And now I also know what your front garden is look liken.
    Without the owl of course.
    I love the sentiment insite also very much.

    xxx Marian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)