Saturday, September 13, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 165 - SSS

Happy Saturday all! I hope it's the start to a wonderful weekend!
 
Today, we have one of my favourite challenges at Hiding in My Craft Room. Yes, it's Super Scraps Saturday.  I love using up my scraps, even though sometimes, it creates more scraps :-)

 
Our sponsor this week is Digi Digi Doodle.
 
Using one of Digi Digi Doodle's images and a sentiment, I made this card for Halloween.
 
 
I used a brick embossing folder from Darice, and different inks from Mememto to make this ghastly wall.  I cut out an opening for my window, which is a die by Poppy Stamps. I added a few spider webs to make it look old and deserted.  Even the plants look old and deserted :-)

 
For the inside ...  I printed my spider directly onto this piece of cardstock, which is from a Recollections Halloween stack called Haunted Manor. I went over all the webs with a stardust clear pen.
 
The sentiment was printed on plain white cardstock.
Don't you just love the creepy look of this font?
 
I'm about done with my Halloween cards for 2014 :-) I need to start working on my Christmas cards again.  Well, now it's your turn to make a project using scraps and link it up to our challenge # 165 at Hiding in My Craft Room.  You have till Saturday, September 20, 2014 ~ 2:00 am PST to join in the fun with us and to stand a chance of winning some very cute Digi Digi Doodle images.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
Hugs,
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the window and windowbox
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is super.
    It realy gives you that Halloween feeling.
    I love the way you did the wall.

    Hugs Marian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the window for this card! Great idea!

    Hugs,
    - Samantha
    Clear it Out DT
    HIMCR DT
    Designs by Sammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)