Saturday, September 20, 2014

HIMCR Challenge #166 ~ Banners!

It's Saturday, so it's time for another challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.
 
 
Laurie is sponsoring this challenge and she will have four winners this week.
Her prizes for challenge # 166 at Hiding in My Craft Room are:
1.  A cricut cartridge
2.  A blending set of 3 Copic markers
3.  A Gypsy silicone case
4.  An embossing folder.
 
Instead of a card, I have a calendar page to share with you today.  As you may know by now, every year I make calendars to send to my family overseas.  I normally put one or two photos on the top section, but keep the decorations to a minimum because layers add weight and right now, overseas shipping is astronomical!
 
 
I buy the calendars at Hobby Lobby ready made. All I have to do is adhere the little stickers for the days, and then figure out a theme for the month.  Here is a closer look at the month of January 2015.
 
 
Don't we look festive ringing in 2014? :-) That's me, my daughter and my SIL who normally comes to the US to spend Christmas with us. For this month, my background paper is from the Stardust stack by DCWV. I added a few snowflakes cut out of holographic paper and made the banner.  The word "January" is computer generated and printed. I used one of the Spellbinders Ribbon Banners to cut it out.  I went over it with my Clear Star Gelly Roll pen to add some sparkle. All the snowflakes were cut using MS punches.
 
What will you create for this challenge?  Just remember to link it up to our Challenge # 166 at Hiding in My Craft Room, by Saturday, September 27, 2:00 am PST.  Can't wait to see what you will come up with :-)
 
I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog.
 Thank you for stopping by and for the sweet comments you leave.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous calender month Lena, I like it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your calendar page and what a great idea to seed to family and friends internationally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)