Saturday, October 4, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 168 ~ Halloween Colours!

Happy Saturday all! We have a fun challenge for you today at Hiding in My Craft Room and a very simple one too! All you have to do is make a project using Halloween colours.  It doesn't have to have anything to do with Halloween, it just has to have Halloween colours.  See, I told you, easy peasy!


 
 
 
http://www.stampandcreate.com/
 
Our sponsor today is Stamp and Create.  They are giving away a $20 gift certificate to their store. You need to go take a look at the fabulous crafting toys they have for sale in their store :-)
 
 
Here is my project for this challenge ...
 
 
As you know I'm busy working on the 2015 calendars to send to my family overseas.  This is the October page.  The spiderweb background and the ghost/cat/pumpkin trio image were cut with a silhouette. The spider, ghosts and bat were cut using CottageCutz dies. The month and mat were cut using punches from SU!  All the cardstock is from my scraps stash except the orange and the black - these are both from the Paper Studio.  I don't own a silhouette (yet :-)), so my daughter very generously cut the spiderwebs and images for me :-)
I inked around the orange backgrounds with Memento London Fog ink to give it a more spooky look.
 
What are you going to create this week to join in the fun with us?  I can't wait to see your lovely creations.  Just remember to link your project to Hiding in My Craft Room by Saturday, 11 October 2014, 2:00am PST.  You will go into the draw for our fabulous prize being sponsored by Stamp and Create.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous calender page Lena, I love the ghosts
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena the calendars for gifts is such a wonderful idea. Just love your fun and colourful October page.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)