Saturday, October 18, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 170 ~ Embossing!

Happy Saturday everyone!  I hope it's the start to a great weekend!

 
  Today at HIMCR we have a fun challenge for you. It's all about Embossing.  You can use any type of embossing you wish, it could be dry or wet or with the use of an embossing folder or a stylus.
 
 
Our sponsor this week is the Paper Temptress and the prize for one lucky participant is a $25 gift certificate to their webstore.  They have the prettiest of papers and a very wide selection too.
 
 
 
For my card today, I used The Paper Temptress' Amethyst Metallic Paper.  Isn't it pretty?  As you can see it embosses beautifully.   This is not the best picture for my card, but I really wanted to show the beautiful shine of this paper.  Another great aspect of this cardstock is that is cuts beautifully if your are using an electronic cutting machine.
 
List of supplies used:
Embossing Folder - Jule's Jewels - Cuttlebug
Butterfly Die - Vivienne Butterfly - Memory Box
Doily for Butterfly - Floral Doily Motifs - Spellbinders
Flourish Border - ek Punch
Gems - from my stash
 

 
Here is the inside of my card. I used the same papers and punched out a couple of butterflies using a MS punch.  The corners were punched with an ek punch.  The sentiment was stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  It is a stamp called Special Birthday by Hero Arts.
 
You have till Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 2:00 am PST to make your creation and link it up to our Challenge #170 at Hiding in My Craft Room in order to stand a chance of winning our wonderful prize this week.  Can't wait to see all your beautiful creations using a variety of embossing methods.
 
Thank you for stopping by today and for the encouraging bloggie love. I do appreciate every one of your comments.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. super adorable! great job....I am having a giveaway on my blog, leave a comment here for your chance to win

    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2014/10/goodies-giveway.html

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! The paper and butterfly are gorgeous! Love all of the bling. Fabulous!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Lena, I like the butterfly the embossing and the border
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The metalic paper is beautifull.
    Abd the embossing is comming out very nice.
    A real elelgant card!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)