Thursday, October 23, 2014

Santa Card

Good morning my crafting friends.  Let me show you my new toy :-)

Yes, it's the Cricut Explore! I'm loving this machine, although I'm still trying to figure how everything works using Design Space.  I can see a lot more hours sitting and watching youtube videos in order to master it all, but master it I shall!!! I'm that determined :-)


Here is the first card I made with my new machine and my new cartridge from Anna Griffin, called Christmas Kitsch. I'm loving this cartridge and plan on making quite a few more of the cut-out cards and shaped cards for Christmas :-)  Since I have so many cards to make, this will be a great way of getting them done in an easy peasy way.  Remember my idea of easy peasy is anything that takes 10 minutes or less :-)

 
Is this not the cutest Santa face you've ever seen.  Very "Merry", definitely "Bright" and from where I stand, full of "Cheek" :-)  The Christmas greeting is a stamp from CardzTV stamps called "Going in Circles.

 
Here is a photo of the inside of the card so you can see what the cut out part looks like.  I added a double mat in black and red for my sentiment, a little holly button, de-shanked, is that even a word? :-), and I was done!
 
There is a world of difference in the cuts made by the Explore compared to the Expression. The cuts made by the Explore are a lot cleaner and sharper and it is able to cut the more intricate cuts without any tearing.
 
Well, my friends I had been on the fence between getting the Explore or the Silhouette.  I had heard great things about the Silhouette, but I have quite a number of cartridges - too many to let them go to waste, so I jumped off the fence and got the Explore and so far, so good.  I'm very happy with my decision.
 
Now I'm off to go watch more videos and see all that this gem can do :-), so till next time,
Happy Crafting!
 
Hugs,
 


5 comments:

  1. This is darling! Love that sweet Santa face! Thanks for sharing Lena - glad you love your machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card.... you did such a great job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Explore and this cart! Great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a delightful Christmas card. Great job!
    Is the inside sentiment computer generated or is this a stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi NanaQQ ~ no, this is a stamp called Christmas Peace by Paper Inspirations.
    Hugs,
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)