Saturday, November 1, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 172 ~ Fall Colours

Hello my crafting friends.  I hope that all those of you that reside in the US had a very Spook-tacular Halloween with lots of treats and no tricks.  Can you believe it's November already?  There are 26 days left till Thanksgiving and 53 days left till Christmas!
 
With that in mind, our challenge for you at Hiding in my Craft Room today is to make a project using Fall colours ~ just in time for Thanksgiving :-)

 


 
Our sponsor this week is Sami Stamps.  The lucky winner this week will get a $12 gift certificate to their webstore.
 
 
 
For my card, today, I used Sami Stamp's image called "An Acorn in My Hand".  I thought this image would be perfect to use with Fall colours. My DP is from GinaK.'s Sundance paper pack. Ribbon and flowers are from my stash. The greeting is from the CardzTV stamp set called Just Saying.
 

I left the inside blank because I want to write my own message, so I just added the same papers and a piece of the same ribbon.  This ribbon is just beautiful - it's satin with gold embossed leaf flourish.  The little corner leaves were the cut outs from the mat used around the image.  I almost forgot to tell you that the mat was cut using a Spellbinders die called Leafy Squares.
 
I can't wait to see your lovely creations. Remember that you have till 2:00 am PST on November 8, 2014 to link your project to our challenge #172 in order to join in the fun.
 
Till next time,
Crafty Hugs.
 
 


 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lena!

    Wonderful card! I love the colors! The peach and green go together very well! And your sentiment goes with the image so perfectly!

    I have displayed your project on the Sami Stamps blog: http://samistamp.blogspot.com/2014/11/hiding-in-my-craft-room-sponsorship.html

    and on the Sami Stamps facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SamiStamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lena I like the sweet image the frame and the ribbon
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. Real fall colors.
    I love the mat from Spellbinders.
    And now back to x mas cards!!!!
    Hugs. Marian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)