Saturday, November 8, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 173 ~ Super Scraps Saturday

Hi and welcome to Challenge #173 at Hiding in my Craft Room! Today's challenge is all about using up those scraps and if yours are anything like mine, then they probably multiply all by themselves in your scraps drawers.  I wonder if it would work if I put a few $20 notes in there? :-)


hidinginmycraftroom.com
Yes, I know it's wishful thinking! :-)  So, on to our sponsor this week. 
They are giving away 3 digital images to their store and it will be Winner's Choice!!!
How cool is that?  They have the cutest images for all the different seasons, holidays and style of crafters!  To visit their webstore, you can click here.
For my card, I used one of their cute images called Peppin's Gift
All the papers are from my scraps drawer. I used the Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder on the white strip of paper.  The snowflake border and snowflakes were all cut using MS punches.  I coloured in my image with copic markers and used my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen to add a little sparkle to his hat and his gift.  I added a sparkly silver glitter gem to the largest snowflake.

Here is what I did for the inside.  Continued with the scraps navy blue and white papers. Used the MS punch for the border and adhered a few of the snowflake cut outs to the sentiment.  The stamp used for the sentiment is from Great Impressions (ref: F5645), and was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

As you can see, it was a very easy card to make and I got to use quite a bit of my scraps.
So, go grab your scraps, make a project and join in the fun of our challenge #173. You have till 2:00 am PST on Saturday, November 15, 2014 to link your project to the Hiding in My Craft Room blog.
Can't wait to see all your lovely creations!

Till next time,
Happy Crafting!

Hugs,

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun design and cute image. Love the blues and the inside sentiment.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card you made. Are you now almost done with xmas cards? Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)