Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Snowgirl Scene :-)

Hello and welcome back, my crafting friends.  Winter made a very sudden appearance here in my neck of the woods, so it's been the perfect weather to stay indoors and catch up on Christmas cards :-) Can't wait for next week when the temperatures are due to get back into the 70's deg F (20 deg C). More my idea of winter :-)
I have a winter scene with a snow girl to share with you today.
Does this snow girl look familiar?  Yes, it is indeed the snowman from the Christmas Kitsch cartridge :-), but I wanted a snow girl, so I cut off his top hat, and added a Santa hat instead :-) Made all her accessories in pink and voila, one snow girl :-)  Isn't she cute?  I have a very special little girl in mind for this card :-)
List of supplies:
Tree ~ Pine Tree Forest - Cottage Cutz Dies
Bird house ~ Bird Houses - Impression Obsession Dies
Birds ~ Small Flying Birds - Impression Obsession Dies
Sprigs of green ~ MS punch
Snowbanks ~ Pieces of white cardstock, torn by hand, put through Wave Crimper
Background snowfall cardstock ~  Kiwi Embroidery Papers

Here is the inside of my card. I used the same sprigs of green and the same birds as I used on the outside of the card. The sentiment is a stamp by Great Impression Stamps.

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my card as much as I enjoyed making it :-)

I will be entering this card in a few challenges but I will have to come back and edit this post because I'm not sure what challenges are available yet.  This is one of my New Year resolutions, :-), to enter more challenges, but I thought I would start now :-)


Till next time,
Stay warm!




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Lena, I love the scene you have created
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nice card!!!
    Real winter xmas.
    And the girly pink makes it very special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Love that snowman!! Love the little scene you have created!! Just fantastic!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov. 22nd)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever way to transform the snowman Lena, I love the idea of adding your own accessories to create a snowgirl! The sentiment you added in the middle of the card is fabulous and I love the extra die cuts you added to make the snowy scene. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wintry card, Lena! I love the tree with its inked edges. I'm so happy that you entered our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week and I hope we'll see you again regularly. Good Luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute take on the challenge @ CIO ...stop by again to play <((><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card . . . and a great take on this week's challenge at CIO. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Clear It Out Challenge for this week's "Anything Goes" challenge . . . hope to see you join us again soon!!! (and GOOD LUCK!!!)

    Kathy - CIO DT
    UpintheNightwithKat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)