Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Whimsy Stamps DT Call

Hello crafting friends, welcome back to by blog. Whimsy Stamps is having a DT call and I thought that I would submit this card as my application.  I love their stamps and own quite a few of them, and their DT is amazing, so yes, I would be very honored and extremely happy to be chosen to be a part of  their very talented team.


They do ask that you have great skills in colouring and in taking photos.  Although I feel that I've improved my colouring skills a great deal, I wouldn't call myself a great colourist yet :-) However, if I am selected to be a part of this team, I will have the great opportunity to learn from other very talented crafters and to perfect my colouring skills.

Do you all know Whimsy Stamps?  If not, you need to go take a peek.  They have super cute and adorable images created by a team of different designers.  They also have different collections, so definitely something to suit everyone's tastes, and I suspect, if you are a part of their DT, something to keep it fun and interesting with every challenge :-)

 
So here is my card.  I used the Whimsy Love Trip stamp, designed by Sylvia Zet, to make this Anniversary card.  I used copic markers to colour in my image. Flowers and ribbon are from my stash. DP papers are from my scraps drawer.  I used the Cloudy Sky embossing folder by Darice and lightly went over the clouds with blue chalk.  I cut out an additional little cloud to stamp the greeting.  This was done using a Memory Box die, called Puffy Clouds.


For the inside of my card, I used the same DP papers and the same embossing folder.  Once again, I went over the embossed clouds with powder blue chalk.  The little butterflies were punched out using a MS punch.
 
I've been asked a few times what my crafting style is and I feel stumped every time!  I have no clue!  I know that I'm not really a vintage kind of crafter, nor do I do the macabre.  I'm not the clean and simple type of crafter, nor are my cards very frou-frou.  So what type of crafter am I?  After all, I can do all the ones I just mentioned, but only when challenged to do so.  The only words that come to mind are cheerful and colourful.  Is that even a style? :-)  How about some help from you, my crafting friends? Would you be so kind as to leave a comment on this post letting me know what you think my crafting style is?  It would really help me to answer in an intelligent way, the next time someone asks :-)

Here are another couple of cards I have made using Whimsy stamps.

 
This one was made with a stamp called Kaydance by Elizabeth Bell.  You can find the original post here.
 

This one uses the very cute Love Me Do stamp.  You can read more about this post here.

As you all know, I am a member of the Hiding in My Craft Room and CardzTV design teams and I love every minute of it.  For me being a member of a DT is about meeting new friends, being inspired, learning new techniques and improving on the ones I already know, and keeping my crafting mojo going.
 
Well, my friends, that is it for this very long post.  I bet you're going whew :-), but I did have to answer a few of the questions asked by the Whimsy DT call.  Wish me luck with this entry and thank you in advance for your bloggie love.

Till next time,
Crafty hugs
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Great cards Lena. Thanks so much for entering our DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD LUCK! I love the cards. They are all so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Lena! Your cards are all so sweet! Whimsy would be lucky to have you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the couple in the balloon.
    The stamp and also the colors you used for the card.\Chapeau.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)