Saturday, December 6, 2014

HIMCR Challenge # 177 ~ Christmas Colours

http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/
 
Hope you're all having a great weekend.  It's Saturday, so it's time for another challenge at Hiding in My Craft Room.  This week's challenge is to make a project using Christmas colours.  Not only fun, but it will also get you to catch up on those Christmas cards that need to be done :-)
http://www.papertemptress.com/
Our sponsor this week is The Paper Temptress.  I always enjoy making cards using her papers and this time was so exception.


I made two cards for our challenge # 177.  The first one uses a beautiful gold foiled overlay.  I decided to layer it over the antique gold mica metallic paper.  I couldn't take a photo that would do it justice, it is just stunning! Because the paper already makes the card, I just added a couple of pinecones from Lea'bilities, a pine branch from io Dies, some berries that I purchased from Wild Orchid Crafts and some card candies from my stash. 


For my second card, I used this beautiful green and red Christmas paper. It has a beautiful shine to it.  I used the Ruby mica/metallic paper as a mat and made the card base out of the Antique Gold mica/metallic cardstock. I cut the ornament shape using the 2012 Heirloom Ornament from Spellbinders.  Then I used their Heirloom Reflections die to cut the inside using the gold cardstock. A gold ribbon bow and some red gems finished it off.
 
The Paper Temptress is also sponsoring our prize this week by giving away a $20 gift certificate to their store to one lucky participant.  So, if you want to stand a chance at this awesome prize, gather your Christmas supplies and create a project using Christmas colours. You have till Saturday, 13 December 2014, at 2:00 am PST, to link your project to our challenge #177.
 
Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you back soon.
 
Till next time,
Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. I've been scrolling through your posts and WOW you have got some talent. So excited to be your fellow teammie on the Crafty Gals DT. I'm going to follow your blog so I know about all the awesome craftiness you accomplish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice cards you made. And the stand makes the card even more elegant.
    Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are gorgeous Lena, I like the vintage feel.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the vintage papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautiful. Love the dimension of the pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! The pine cones look wonderful on the first one. On the second one, I love the beautiful ornament. The papers are pretty. Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)