Friday, December 26, 2014

Merry 1st Christmas :-)

Now that Christmas Day is almost at an end on my neck of the woods and Santa is back at the North Pole taking a much deserved break {he was very generous this Christmas - I must have been a very good girl :-)}, I have a few cards to share with you and I will do that during the next few days.  For today I want to start with a Merry 1st Christmas card that I made for my little granddaughter.

As you've probably noticed, I have done all her "First's" using the Teddy Bear Parade Cricut cartridge and this time was no exception.

 
Isn't this little teddy adorable in her winter coat?  I love the way this card came out and I think Emma loved it too :-) She made a grab for it and took it straight into her mouth - I believe that is 6 month old talk for "I love it Grandma!" :-)
 
  The tree is a design that I purchased from Silhouette.  I made the "snow" banks by tearing white cardstock and running it through my wavy crimper. The little sprigs of green are punched using a MS punch and the little birds are a die set from Impression Obsession.  The greeting is a stamp by CardzTV called Snow Day.
 
Snowflake paper was from my stash as were the cardstocks used to make all the different cuts.  I used my Gelly Roll Clear Star pen to accentuate her dress and the decorative baubles on the tree.
 

 
This is the inside of my card.  I love this sentiment stamp by Stampabilities called Bright with Promise.  When I finished the whole card, I realized that no where had I mentioned '1st Christmas', so I just added that on my hand written message.  Not what I had planned, but it worked out okay :-)
 
Thank you for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with another
 Christmas card to share with you. 
 
Merry Christmas,
 
 

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. They are always so welcome and appreciate :-)